Thursday, January 3, 2013

Candied Nuts

candied nuts 

This year I made various candies/treats to send out as gifts. These candied nuts were included. These were soo good and almost didn't make it into the goodie bags, that I decided I needed to make ourselves a batch! Well I sort of forgot with all the Christmas rush, that I made them for New Year's. I especially liked how light and crunchy the pecans came out. These will be a keeper all year round, try them I bet you'll enjoy them as well.

Candied Nuts

 from My Baking Addiction

1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
1 pound unsalted almonds or pecans (I do 1/2 pd of each)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons fine grain sea salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
In a large bowl, combine egg white, vanilla extract and water. Beat mixture until frothy. Stir in nuts and mix to coat.
Gently combine sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt and stir into almond mixture, thoroughly coating all nuts.
Evenly spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet and place into oven.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
When cool, enjoy!

candied nuts
ready to bake

candied nuts  
our new year's treats 


Please share this post if you liked it. =)

enjoy,
Pin It!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...