Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fajita Marinade


We love fajitas here, and since there was so much talk of them on a cooking group I'm in on Facebook, I decided I would make them, now. Good old allrecipes brought me to this recipe, and the rave reviews got me to make it. I used half amount of chicken tenders and half amount of tri tip steak, sliced. The marinade didn't smell like anything when I made it so I was worried I either forgot something in it, or hoped it would turn out. Boy did it turn out. 3 hours of marinating time was fine for this. I was too lazy to grill the meat so I just cooked it in a hot pan with a little oil. Next time I will grill it. Serve with some cooked up bell peppers and onions, sour cream and cilantro wrapped in a tortilla. These were awesome. Everyone ate it and didn't leave much for leftovers. I'm keeping this one.

Fajita Marinade
from allrecipes
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons soy sauce (Tamari for gluten free)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (use gluten free brand)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound steak or chicken

In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the lime juice, water, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and liquid smoke flavoring. Stir in cayenne and black pepper.

Place desired meat in the marinade, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight. Cook as desired.


~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...