Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake


What a nice summery cake this is, the puckery lemon with the sweet blueberries. I made this into a bundt cake, but next time I'll do it in a loaf pan (bake 60-70 minutes), since my bundt was quite short. The glaze will add a more puckery delight so if you ove lemon, give this cake a try. I used the last of my HUGE lemons from our tree (froze most of the juice).

Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Allrecipes

1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 lemon, juiced (about 3 TBL)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup blueberries

Icing
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a bundt pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in the juice of 1 lemon. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. For the glaze, combine powdered sugar with lemon juice. Drizzle over cake when cooled.



~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

11 Comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum! I love anything with lemon, and the blueberries are in season! Thanks!

Rebekah said...

That looks beautiful! I found you from AllRecipes, congrats on photo of the day! :) I have a food blog as well - I am following yours now, yumm!!

Amy said...

Would doubling the recipe make it too big for the bundt pan? You mentioned that it was short but I love the shape of the bundt. What do you think? I would love to make this for dinner tonight. :o)

Danielle S said...

Oh my goodness, gracious. This looks so good. I am going to be trying this one out. Thank you!

Rachelle S said...

Amy, I don't know about doubling it, if you did it would need a longer bake time, maybe 1 hr?

Pam said...

Hi Rachelle! I am making this right now! Looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

I feel like it's way too sweet. Do u think cutting the sugar in half going to be okay?

Rachelle S said...

Hi Julie, you could use 2-4 tbl less sugar in the batter and it should still be ok. :)

Susanne said...

This cake was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and it was perfect. The only thing I would change is that I will double the recipe to fill my bundt pan next time.

Unknown said...

The first time I made this, my husband loved it. I also served it to some guests and they raved. I have a lemon tree in my backyard, so I had wonderful juice and zest for free. I doubled it the second time that I made it, and it was still absolutely wonderful. The cooking time was longer though.

I also have an orange tree in my backyard, and thought, what if I tried this recipe, but with oranges and a different fruit. I decided on cranberries. I've never seen fresh, so I soaked a cup of my dried cranberries. I also put it in a loaf pan, as you suggested. It was amazing! I'm not sure which one I like better. They are both so delish. This will be a go to recipe for me, for sure! It will also go into my Tried and True Board on Pinterest, because I have so many recipes that I still haven't tried yet, but many that I have.

For those that think that the recipe is too sweet. I suggest, not adding the icing to it, but rather just a nice dusting of powdered sugar on top. I also substituted Almond milk for regular milk, because of lactose intolerance. The cake was still super moist.

Unknown said...

I tried this recipe tonight and the it tastes amazing! I doubled it from reading the comments but my cake came out super dense.. Any reason you may know why?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...