Friday, January 28, 2011

Link up! Flavorful Fridays! Ham Steaks with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze

  



Remember the hams I bought on sale, here's another dish from one of those. It's been a while since we've had glazed ham steaks so I wasn't sure of the recipe. I found this one, and it's a keeper! This dinner was GOOD! Even the little ones said, 7 yr old-"everything on my plate is really good!", and 3 1/2 yr old says, "Perfecto!" =)


Ham Steaks with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze
from about.com

1 center-cut ready-to-eat ham steak, about 1 1/2 pounds (leftover Holiday ham, thickly sliced ham steaks work great too)
2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (I used 2 TBL Splenda Blend)
2 tablespoon white vinegar

Heat ham steaks in a skillet, lightly browning on both sides. Combine mustard with brown sugar and vinegar; sprinkle over ham steaks. Allow sauce to boil with the ham for a minute or so. Remove from heat and serve with sauce poured over.




want a bite?

I've also shared this at:

Photobucket


Mommy? Im Hungry!



Let's keep this going! If you'd like to share a Flavorful dish, and I hope that you do, please use my button above on your post and link up below (please link directly to the recipe). I look forward to seeing your recipes and perhaps finding something new to make for my family! = )



~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Ham Steaks look yummy!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love to keep ham steaks in the fridge for quick meals. I usually add mustard after, but I like the sound of your glaze.

:)
ButterYum

Barbara Bakes said...

What a great glaze. Brown sugar makes everything taste better!

marla said...

I am loving the idea of these ham steaks, my kids would love the smoky flavor with the sweet sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...